- Private day tour of Hohenschwangau Castle and Neuschwanstein Castle from Munich
- Explore the rooms where King Ludwig II and his royal family resided
- Enjoy breathtaking views of Bavarian palaces and alpine surroundings
- Take a lakeside walk along the shores of Alpsee or stop at Linderhof Castle
- Hear fascinating commentary from an expert guide
- Private tour itinerary can be customized to your interests
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
Along the way, make a stop at the famous Wies Church, an oval rococo church in Steingaden, if desired. Arrive in Hohenschwangau in time for lunch (own expense), then take a private, guided walking tour of Hohenschwangau Castle, a majestic Gothic palace that was the childhood home of King Ludwig II of Bavaria.
The next stop is one of the most popular tourist destinations in all of Germany — Neuschwanstein Castle, a 19th-century Romanesque Revival palace nestled on top of a rugged hill high above the village of Hohenschwangau. This stunning fairy tale palace was the inspiration for Disney’s Sleeping Beauty and it’s one of the most popular of all the castles or palaces in Europe, drawing 1.4 million visitors each year. Skip the typically long lines to get inside and enjoy a private walking tour of this medieval masterpiece. Explore rooms like Minstrel’s Hall, the Byzantine Throne Room and many more. Learn about the castle’s architect, King Ludwig II, and visit the terraces, grounds and gardens outside as well.
Finally, choose between a stroll around the scenic Lake Alpsee or continue by coach for a walking tour of the Linderhof Palace, about an hour away in Ettal. Linderhof was inspired by King Ludwig’s visits to the Palace of Versailles in France. It is the smallest of the three palaces built by the king and the only one which he lived to see completed. Even so, the palace and surrounding park together are one of the most artistic and stylistically complex ensembles of the 19th century — and a sight to behold.
The tour ends with a return trip to Munich.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Romantic Road - Touring Tours and Travel
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "There are lots and lots of steps so be prepared." See review