- Ride a cable car up the Zugspitze, Germany’s highest mountain
- Catch the scenic cogwheel train back down
- Soak up sweeping views over Germany, Austria, Italy, and Switzerland
- Take it easy with convenient 2-way road transfers from central Munich
Departure & Return
In front of GALERIA Kaufhof department store, Karlsplatz 21/Stachus. Please be at the departure point 20 minutes prior departure.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Then drive through Garmisch-Partenkirchen and on to Eibsee to see Zugspitze, Germany's highest mountain at 2,962 meters (9,718 feet) above sea level. Take a cable car to the top of the mountain for incredible, breathtaking views. On a clear day, it’s possible to see over a thousand Bavarian, Austrian, Swiss and Italian mountain peaks at once from the summit. Descend back down the mountain via the Zugspitzbahn cog wheel train.
The tour ends with a return trip to Munich.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Full proof of vaccination, proof of a Covid-19 infection in the past 6 months, or a negative test taken no more than 24 hours before the activity starts is / might be required. Depending on the COIVD-19 infection numbers.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 78 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line Sightseeing Munich
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "If you have the time - don't miss this trip!" See review