You may also like
- Full-day tour of Normandy’s US sector D-Day sites from Bayeux
- Discover the key US battle sites and events of June 6, 1944
- Stop at ‘Bloody Omaha’ and visit the US Cemetery overlooking the sands
- Small group of eight or fewer, with minivan transport, entrance fees, and central Bayeux pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Bayeux train station, Bayeux city center (place de Québec)
What To Expect
As you travel between the sites, hear about the American military action on that long-ago day, together with background on the wider war, including tales of the German occupation of France and French Resistance, and the stories of individual soldiers.
Make your way to Utah Beach, where the US 4th Infantry Division made their assault. Hear about the events that unfolded here, and call at Sainte-Mère-Église, the small nearby town where paratroopers landed in the early hours of D-Day.
Visit the town’s Airborne Museum to chart the assault before continuing to Pointe du Hoc, a prominent cliff that was the highest point between the Utah and Omaha Beaches. See the bunkers, craters, and German casements and gun pits here, and learn how US Army Rangers scaled the cliffs to seize the battery.
View the monument honoring the rangers and visit Omaha, dubbed ‘Bloody Omaha,’ for being the most intensely fought after of all the landing beaches. Hear why the landings were difficult, and contemplate the vastness of the 4-mile (6.4-kilometer) beach.
After lunch (own expense) at a local restaurant, pay a visit to the US cemetery on the cliffs overlooking Omaha. Explore this heart-rending place with its impressive memorial, and take in the beach from the different vantage point of the cliffs. Before leaving, enjoy time to stroll around independently, perhaps visiting the graves or exploring the Visitor Center to learn about the landings and 9,387 Americans buried here.
Your tour concludes with an early-evening drop-off at Bayeux’s station or Place de Quebec.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infant seats available
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please note that the tour departs from Bayeux - Normandy. There is no hotel pickup from Paris.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- NST provides you with masks as well as hydroalcoholic gel. Our vehicles are disinfected after each use and the distance is respected.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Normandy Sightseeing Tour
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Questions & Answers
See all safety measures taken by Full-Day American Battlefields and Sites of Normandy Tour from Bayeux.