4 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Experience Meteora at its most magical on an atmospheric sunset tour of the UNESCO-listed monastery complex. Visiting at dusk means you avoid the crowds, so make the most of the quiet as you explore one of the mountaintop monasteries, peek into centuries-old caves and churches, and learn about the unique hermitages from your guide. Finally, look out over the St Nicolas Badovas Monastery from a secret vantage point as you watch the sunset over the horizon.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage site of Meteora without the daytime crowds
- Explore a monastery, Byzantine church and centuries-old caves, known as hermitages
- Admire the sunset from a little-known Meteora vantage point
- Make use of a hassle-free hotel pickup and drop-off service from Kalambaka
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off to/from Kalambaka or Kastraki
Small size groups up to 15 people.
Great Photo oportunities
Avoid the crowds
Entrance fees (approx. 5 euros)
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Visit Meteora office Kalampaka
Visit Meteora office Kastraki
We do not offer pick up from Airbnb's
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Saint Steven Monastery is closed on Mondays. Due to this fact, on this day of the week Rousanou Monastery will be visited
- The monasteries have a strict dress code: men must wear trousers and long sleeves, women must wear a long skirt. If you do turn up in shorts, trousers and skirts will be provided.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Visit Meteora
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Meteora Sunset Tour from Kalambaka?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Meteora Sunset Tour from Kalambaka?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Meteora Sunset Tour from Kalambaka?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Meteora Sunset Tour from Kalambaka?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Meteora Sunset Tour from Kalambaka
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingMeteoraBus Tours - ThessalonikiWalking Tours - ThessalonikiHistorical Tours - ThessalonikiHalf-day Tours - ThessalonikiBus Tours - HalkidikiWalking Tours - HalkidikiHistorical Tours - HalkidikiHalf-day Tours - HalkidikiBus Tours - VolosWalking Tours - VolosHistorical Tours - VolosHalf-day Tours - VolosCategory