4 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Discover the UNESCO-listed site of Meteora on this comprehensive half-day tour from Kalambaka. Learn about the local traditions, myths, and history from your guide as you explore centuries-old monasteries (own expense), perched dramatically on the cliffside. Combining a bus tour with brief walks, you have plenty of opportunities for photos of the dramatic scenery.
- Half-day walking tour of Meteora including photo stops
- Explore the UNESCO-listed monasteries of Meteora with a guide
- Visit the remaining monasteries and learn about those who laid the original foundations
- Round-trip transportation included for an added convenience
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off to/from Kalambaka or Kastraki
Local English speaking tour leader
Free WiFi on board
Small size groups up to 15 people.
Entrance fees ( 3 euros per monastery, three monasteries 9,00
Food and drinks
State Licensed Guide
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Visit Meteora office at Kalampaka
Visit Meteora office at Kastraki
Klampaka train station
We do not pick up from airbnb's
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Please bring comfortable shoes
- The monasteries have a strict dress code: men must wear trousers and long sleeves, women must wear a long skirt. If you do turn up in shorts, trousers and skirts will be provided.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Visit Meteora
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Meteora Half-Day Tour from Kalambaka?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Meteora Half-Day Tour from Kalambaka?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Meteora Half-Day Tour from Kalambaka?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Meteora Half-Day Tour from Kalambaka?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "I highly recommend a tour guide of Vasili’s caliber to get a full understanding of the geologic and ecclesiastical history of Meteora." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Meteora Half-Day Tour from Kalambaka
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursTours & SightseeingMeteoraBus Tours - ThessalonikiWalking Tours - ThessalonikiHistorical Tours - ThessalonikiHalf-day Tours - ThessalonikiBus Tours - HalkidikiWalking Tours - HalkidikiHistorical Tours - HalkidikiHalf-day Tours - HalkidikiBus Tours - VolosWalking Tours - VolosHistorical Tours - VolosHalf-day Tours - VolosCategory