4 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore the Rio Negro and Januari Ecological Park by boat on this half-day expedition from Manaus. Travel by riverboat to the meeting of the waters, where the Amazon and the Rio Negro run side by side for a few miles and you can glimpse both pink and gray river dolphins. Learn about the native Brazilian people who make their lives along the river, the ecology and wildlife of the area from your local guide. Disembark at the Januari Ecological Park for a walk through the forest, then tour the narrow creeks via motorized canoe to see the Vitoria Regia water lily. Eat lunch at a floating restaurant before returning to Manaus.
- Explore the Rio Negro and Januari Ecological Park by boat
- See the meeting of the waters, where the Amazon and the Rio Negro run side by side for a few miles
- Glimpse both pink and gray river dolphins
- Disembark at the Januari Ecological Park for a walk through the forest
- Tour the narrow creeks via motorized canoe to see the Vitoria Regia water lily
- Eat lunch at a floating restaurant
Saved to wishlist!
Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Amazing Tours Agency
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Amazon Negro River Half-Day Expedition Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Amazon Negro River Half-Day Expedition Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Amazon Negro River Half-Day Expedition Tour?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Amazon Negro River Half-Day Expedition Tour?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Still Have Questions?
Explore Similar Things to Do
Nature and WildlifeWater ToursEco ToursHalf-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingManausNature and Wildlife - AmazonWater Tours - AmazonEco Tours - AmazonHalf-day Tours - AmazonNature and Wildlife - AltiplanoWater Tours - AltiplanoEco Tours - AltiplanoHalf-day Tours - AltiplanoNature and Wildlife - AndesWater Tours - AndesEco Tours - AndesHalf-day Tours - AndesCategory