- Lyon sightseeing and food-tasting tour by electric bike
- Discover Lyon’s fascinating history and world-renowned culinary heritage with a guide
- Pedal through the UNESCO World Heritage–listed Old Town and along the Rhône River
- Stop at a local eatery to sample regional specialties such as sausage and cheese
- Visit top Lyon attractions including Place Bellecour, Place des Terreaux and the Basilica of Notre-Dame de Fourvière
- Choose a 2.5-hour or 4-hour tour, in the morning or afternoon
- Small-group tour limited to 10 to ensure a personalized experience
Departure & Return
Near the Palais de Justice, central Lyon Directions: The meeting place is front of the 23 Quai Romain Rolland 69005 Lyon. Our guide with an orange t-shirt or orange flag will waiting you on the esplanade next to the "Pub Danois". Please be at the meeting place 15 min before departure.
What To Expect
Lyon is chock full of historical monuments and buildings, and it's also the culinary capital of the country – which is saying something in a place like France. Biking through this charming city is a great way to see the sights and work up an appetite.
The exact route for this Lyon electric bike tour varies depending on the day, but with an expert guide to lead the way you won't miss out on the best of this UNESCO World Heritage city.
Pedal through the tunnel of Croix Rousse, a delight inside with colorful lights and music playing, on your way to the Lyon Cathedral. Hear stories of the city's history as you ride, seeing both Lyon's best-known sights as well as some hidden gems your guide points out.
Keep riding along the Rhône River, with its riverside path recently renovated to be more suitable for cycling, to the Place Bellecour. The square is looked over by a statue of King Louis XIV. From there, ride past the lake in Tête d'Or park, a popular spot for boating.
Take a break midway through your bike tour to refresh and reinvigorate with some of those famous local foods. Taste some locally-made cheese like St-Félicien, cured meats and a local pork sausage called rosette, sweet cakes and other morsels to share among your fellow cyclists. Wash it all down with a glass of local wine.
After the meal break of 30-45 minutes (depending on the tour), continue your tour through Lyon's Old Town, where you'll understand why it's a UNESCO-listed city. Admire historic buildings such as the City Hall, Palais St-Pierre, Musée des Beaux-Arts de Lyon and the stately Place des Terreaux.
Upgrade to a 4-hour tour in order to continue your ride up to La Croix-Rousse for spectacular views overlooking the whole of Lyon. This extended tour also includes a stop at the 19th-century Basilica of Notre-Dame de Fourvière, with yet more wonderful city views from its hilltop perch.
At the conclusion of your tour, your guide will lead you back to the starting point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum height for an adult bike is 4,5 feet (1.35 meters)
- Bike Skills required
- The minimum age is 8 years
- The tours take place in most weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- In the case of very heavy rain, snow or icy conditions, the tour may be cancelled, in which case you will have the option to reschedule or receive a full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Lyon Bike Tour
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands