- Private four-hour tour of West Bank attractions from Luxor
- Enjoy privileged, personalized attention from your expert Egyptologist guide on this special private tour
- Morning tour to avoid the afternoon desert heat
- Necropolis of ancient Thebes
- Valley of the Kings with visits of 3 tombs
- Temple of Hatshepsut with free time to explore
- Pick-up and drop-off from central Luxor hotels or port
Departure & Return
What To Expect
As you travel, listen as your guide tells tales about the Valley of the Kings, the mountain-cut royal necropolis of the capital of Thebes that once stood on the site of Luxor. If you have any particular areas of interest, let your guide know. Your commentary and itinerary can be tailored to your preference.
Soak up views of the rugged mountains and, on arrival, enjoy a brief stop at the valley’s visitor center. Then, explore the inner rock-cut chambers and tunnels. Guides are not permitted to accompany you inside the tombs, but your guide will describe what to look for before you enter.
Walk through colorful, hieroglyph-covered corridors and see painted chambers that once contained the remains of ancient Egypt’s rulers. If you wish, pay an additional cost direct to enter the tomb of King Tutankhamun.
Next, drive to the Temple of Hatshepsut, a vision of geometrical colonnades hewn into a cliffside. Learn about the temple’s history and life of Queen Hatshepsut, Egypt’s first female ruler. Stroll around the courtyards and terraces, and admire the statues and hieroglyphics that adorn them.
Then, stop for photos at the Colossi of Memnon: two towering statues of the Pharaoh Amenhotep III, that once stood at his now long-gone funerary temple. Hear the stories and legends that surround the statues, and inspect the Roman-era graffiti engraved in the stone.
Before your tour ends, perhaps take the opportunity to visit an alabaster factory and, if you wish, purchase some hand-cut pieces as souvenirs.
After four hours, finish your tour with a drop-off at your hotel or cruise ship.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY South Sinai Travel
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "You need to purchase additional ticket to see King Tut's mummy but well worth it." See review