2 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
See Lucerne’s must-see sights and lesser-known gems in just a couple of hours. The ideal tour if you’re short on time, this classic Lucerne city walk covers everything you need to know about the city. Explore with your own private guide and ask as many questions as you like while you go, discovering the Lion Monument, Musegg Wall, and even the inside of Ritter Palace.
- Learn more about Lucerne during a private tour, just for your group
- Avoid difficult-to-find meeting points with transport direct from your hotel
- Save time on a visit to Ritter Palace with a prebooked admission ticket
- Discover Lucerne Old Town’s highlights including medieval Hirschenplatz
Saved to wishlist!
Private Walking Tour
Professional Local Guide
Pick up and drop off at your Lucerne Hotel (within city limits)
Three exclusive post cards featuring Old Lucerne
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Public Transportation Ticket (if applicable, depending on the location of your Hotel. If you stay in a Lucerne Hotel you are entitled to free public transportation during the entire stay.
On Saturdays, Sundays, Holidays and Special Events the Ritter Palace is closed and can be visited from the outside only.
During the winter from November to March the Musegg Wall and Towers are closed and can be visited from the outside only.
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick you up from any Hotel within the city limit of Lucerne. Alternatively we can pick you up at the big arch right at the Lucerne main station.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Due to uneven surfaces and stairs this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- On Saturdays, Sundays, Holidays and Special Events the Ritter Palace is closed and can be visited from the outside only.
- During the winter season from November to March the Musegg Wall and Towers are closed and can be visited from the outside only
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Citytrip AG
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Classic Lucerne City Walk?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "Highly recommend this tour for anyone who wants an oversight into the beautiful city of Lucerne." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Classic Lucerne City Walk
2 hours 30 minutes
1 hour 50 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Walking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingLucerneWalking Tours - Central SwitzerlandHistorical Tours - Central SwitzerlandWalking Tours - ZurichHistorical Tours - ZurichWalking Tours - BaselHistorical Tours - BaselCategory
Rosengart Collection (Museum Sammlung Rosengart) Tours & TicketsEngelberg Monastery (Kloster Engelberg) Tours & TicketsEngelberg Tours & TicketsLion Monument (Löwendenkmal) Tours & TicketsMt. Stanserhorn CabriO Cable Car Tours & TicketsSwiss Museum of Transport (Verkehrshaus der Schweiz) Tours & TicketsCulture and Congress Centre (KKL) Tours & TicketsPilatus Railways (Pilatus Bahnen) Tours & TicketsRichard Wagner Museum Tours & TicketsWeggis Tours & TicketsHofkirche Tours & TicketsLucerne (Luzern) Tours & Tickets