- Descend into beautiful Škocjan Caves, one of the largest Karst caves in Europe
- Cruise along Slovenia’s coastline, gawking at the seaside villages that dot the shore
- Hangout in Piran, a handsome medieval town on the Adriatic Sea
- Small-group tour with numbers limited to eight people
Departure & Return
In front of the water fountain
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
Then cruise about 40 minutes to visit one of the natural treasures of the planet, Škocjan Caves, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Listen as your guide explains why this underground canyon is a one of few natural phenomena in the world. Before continuing on, stop for break and savor some local prosciutto paired with a glass of Slovenian wine (own expense).
Now, continue to charming Lipica* and delve into an equestrian experience. Visit the famous white Lipizzaners and gain insight into the oldest European stud farm producing the oldest cultural horse breeds.
From here, it’s 28 green miles to the coast and Piran. Wander the cobblestone streets of this medieval village and discover its alluring squares and coastal vantage points. Pick a restaurant in town and enjoy local fish specialties (own expense) or grab a swim in the sapphire blue Adriatic Sea. Dry off and buckle up for a ride back to your hotel Ljubljana.
*Note: the visit to the Lipizzaner horses in Lipica is not possible during winter (November to March) Horses are kept in the stables during the cold season and are not accessible to visitors during that time.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please wear comfortable clothing and shoes
- Bring a swimsuit
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Roundabout Travel
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff