- Sample varietals like merlot, chardonnay and sangiovese
- Enjoy a picnic lunch on the grounds of one of the wineries
- Tasting fees at three wineries are included
- Round-trip transport from South Lake Tahoe is included
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort departure time: 7:55am
Marriott Resorts departure time: 8:00am
MontBlue casino departure time: 8:05am
What To Expect
With your knowledgeable guide, visit a handful of wineries, which enjoy picturesque locations near neighboring Apple Hill, a region of apple farms and other fruit orchards that dot the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountain range. The specific wineries you visit vary by day, but venues may include Jodar Vineyards & Winery, where you can taste sangiovese, zinfandel, or petit syrah while admiring a view of Blakeley Lake, and Boeger Winery, home to 40 acres (16 hectares) of vines that turn into varietals such as pinot noir, chardonnay, and merlot.
Tastings are provided at the first three wineries before your alfresco winery lunch, which typically includes items such as gourmet cheese, bread, deli meats, hummus, vegetables and fruit that you can use to make your own salad or sandwich. Then head to the other wineries, where the tasting fees are not included but you are free to pay for tastings on your own, if you wish (fees are sometimes waived if you purchase a bottle). Lastly, visit Boa Vista, an orchard known its baked goods, apple cider, and preserves, before making the journey back to South Lake Tahoe, where your day trip ends.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Must be 21 years old to consume alcohol
- It is recommended that you bring water
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- OPERATED BY Discover Lake Tahoe Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by El Dorado Wine Country Tour from South Lake Tahoe.