- Cross-country ski rental in South Lake Tahoe
- Explore groomed trails for both diagonal stride and skating
- Rental includes professional fitting from trained associates
Departure & Return
Rainbow Mountain Ski Shop 1133 Ski Run Blvd. (530)541-7470
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Other gear is also available to rent (jackets, pants, and helmets) or purchase (gloves, hats, and goggles) if you left anything at home. When you’re suited up, head out on your own for exploring, either in the backcountry or on dedicated cross-country terrain. Perhaps visit Kirkland Resort, near Kirkwood ski resort, where 50 miles (80 kilometers) of groomed trails offer something for all levels of ability. Traverse the open meadow to admire views of the mountains, or head up a hill to burn more calories. If you get cold, hit the warming hut for a break.
If you’d rather be closer to Lake Tahoe itself, you can visit Heavenly’s Adventure Peak, which can be reached by the Heavenly gondola (own expense). Explore its 3 miles (5 kilometers) of cross-country trails that take you in and out of the trees and provide views of the lake 3,000 feet (914 meters) below you. Heavenly’s cross-country trails are separate from snowshoeing trails, so you can ski freely on tracks for both diagonal stride and skating.
At the end of your rental period (one, two, or three days), just return your equipment to the rental shop.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- There is no additional charge for renting the night before (between 3pm - 7pm)
- Need winter sports clothing or accessories? Rent jackets, pants and helmets for additional fees. Gloves, hats and goggles are available for purchase only.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- OPERATED BY Rainbow Mountain Ski & Snowboard Shop
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by Cross-Country Ski Rental in Lake Tahoe.