8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Hike through Tenorio Volcano National Park's remarkable landscape and see the otherworldly blue of the Rio Celeste waterfall on a full-day trip from La Fortuna. Follow your guide on a 4.3-mile (7-km) trail into the forest, watch for the monkeys and birds as you stroll past a serene lagoon, and take in views of the imposing Tenorio Volcano. Visit the park’s boiling mud pits and brightly colored jungle waterways, then enjoy a full lunch in the park before returning to your hotel.
- Small group ensures personal service
- All necessary equipment included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
- Instant Confirmation
Saved to wishlist!
National Park fees
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
You must contact Ecoterra Costa Rica at least 24 hours before your activity date to confirm your reservation and arrange transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multilingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Good physical condition is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Ecoterra Expeditions
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Blue River and Tenorio Volcano National Park Hike?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Blue River and Tenorio Volcano National Park Hike?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Blue River and Tenorio Volcano National Park Hike?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Blue River and Tenorio Volcano National Park Hike?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Blue River and Tenorio Volcano National Park Hike
Explore Similar Things to Do
HikingWalking & Biking ToursOutdoor ActivitiesLa FortunaLa Fortuna de San CarlosHiking - MonteverdeHiking - PuntarenasHiking - San JoseCategory