- Izmir half-day sightseeing tour
- Wander through the ancient Agora
- Visit the ruins of Alexander the Great's Castle
- Explore the Archeological Museum home to many Greek and Roman artifacts and the Ethnographic Museum displaying local arts and crafts
- English-speaking local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Ancient Agora: One of the world’s most well-preserved Agoras was home to a lively Roman bazaar. As you explore with your guide, admire the ancient Colonnades of Corinthian columns, see arched rooms, and glimpse up at rebuilt archways.
Kadifekale: Pick out a spectacular view of Izmir from high atop Alexander the Great's Castle. Learn about the historic ruins of Kadifekale’s whose name translated to Turkish means “the velvet castle.”
Archaeological Museum: Enjoy Roman and Greek artifacts at the Archaeology Museum. Inside, see the head of Domitian, an enormous statue that resided long ago in Ephesus.
Ethnographic Museum: Delve into Izmir’s vibrant arts and crafts at the Ethnographic Museum. Here, gain insight into how embroidery wood-block printing and pottery is created. Then, relish the opportunity to see artisans create the centuries-old Nazar Amulet (Turkish blue and white “evil eye”).
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Confirmation for this tour will be received at time of booking
- In the event of any museum closures, an alternative similar museum will be visited
- Not recommended for children aged 4 and under
- Children 18 years and under must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Neon Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience