- Day trip from Interlaken to Jungfraujoch
- Travel by coach through the beautiful Jungfrau region
- Ride the brand-new gondola Eiger Express, followed by a cogwheel train from Grindelwald to Europe’s highest railway station
- Admire the Swiss Alps from the Top of Europe at 11,333 feet (3,454m)
- Walk through the inside of a glacier at the Ice Palace
- Enjoy commentary from your multilingual guide
Departure & Return
We meet at the Outdoor Interlaken Shop, located in front of Hotel Hapimag, close to the flagship store of Kirchhofer Jewelery (Casino Gallery).
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
On arrival in Grindelwald, board the new state-of-the-art gondola Eiger Express for a ride to the Eiger Station. Feel your excitement heighten as you ascend to Jungraujoch in a cogwheel train; marvel at the frozen witchery of the Eiger, Jungfrau, and Mönch peaks along the way and then disembark at Europe’s highest railway station.
Gasp as you take in sweeping vistas of the icy landscape. From the Sphinx Observation Terrace, scour the horizon for the Aletsch Glacier, the longest glacier in Europe, and see if you can spot neighboring countries like France and Germany.
Heighten your exhilaration on a guided wander through the Ice Palace, a magical cave located within a glacier, and then return to the cogwheel train for the scenic descent to Grindelwald. Travel to your awaiting coach in Lauterbrunnen and reflect on your incredible day during the journey back to Interlaken.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- There is a restaurant at the Top of Europe station where you may purchase food and drinks
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 48 travelers
- OPERATED BY Best of Switzerland Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "I had previously checked in to doing this on our own, but found it was much easier - and less expensive - to do it as a tour." See review