Are you interested in?
Attractions & Museums
1 Tours & Activities
Coastal Discovery Museum Tours
5 Tours & Activities
45 Tours & Activities
1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
The Lowcountry Sea Islands are famous for their rare horses, but it’s hard to catch them in the wild. This tour at the Coastal Discovery Museum lets you learn all about marsh tacky horses—directly descended from horses brought to the Lowcountry more than 500 years ago—and even meet two of them for yourself at a historic barn. Plus, you get access to the gorgeous grounds and exhibits at the museum to explore after the tour.
- Marsh tacky horses discovery tour on Hilton Head Island
- Learn about the horses that evolved on the Sea Islands
- Meet two marsh tacky horses housed in a historic barn
- Kid-friendly activity gets families outside
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointCoastal Discovery Museum, 70 Honey Horn Drive North End, Hilton Head, SC 29926
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please dress according to weather
- Children under 5 years old receive free admission
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Coastal Discovery Museum
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Product code: 69951P4