3 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Get an introduction to the local culinary styles of Genoa in this introductory cooking class. Under the instruction of a professional chef, learn to prepare four traditional dishes from the region. In addition to the courses, enjoy warm focaccia bread, a welcome apéritif, and wine with the meal. After dinner, go out for gelato in the Boccadasse neighborhood.
- Cooking class with a professional chef
- Learn about Genoese cooking
- Lunch and gelato included
- Visit the Boccadasse neighborhood
Saved to wishlist!
handmade fresh pasta, eggless, famous for their shape: pointy at the extremities and larger in the centre.
classic basil Pesto sauce was born in Genoa. You will have the chance to taste the authentic recipe made of local fresh basil and pine nuts!
small fried pancake with vegetables, Best for entrees and appetizers. We will make them with Local ingredients.
we will also taste the "fugàssa", as it is called in the local dialect, at the welcome aperitivo, accompanied by a glass of good local wine.
handmade biscuits from Torriglia (small village on the beautiful hills behind Genova). Shaped as small flowers and prepared with simple ingredients
at the end of the class, we will taste one of the best artisanal gelato in a unique location: the stunning ancient sea village of Boccadasse, Genova.
The class and tasting include: at least 4 recipes with preparation and tasting, and one tasting more (artisanal gelato). Water, wine or beer (in limited amounts) are included. Everything else is not included.
Coffee and/or Tea
Departure & Return
Departure PointVia Caprera, Genova GE, Italy
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Best to know before booking:
- The class and tasting will last around 3,5 hours
- Meeting point: Via Caprera in front of the Champagnat school (bus n.15 stops exactly there)
- Time of the meeting: 10:50 am (Monday and Thursday)
- A Chef and a local Foodie will guide and accompany you throughout the class and tasting in English language
- You will prepare the best recipes in Ligurian tradition, carefully selected by renown chefs and daily by Genovese people
- Our cooking class and tasting is an all-round experience. We believe that the cooking class with tasting is successful when our guests test themselves cooking, learning, sharing their experiences and having fun. Therefore, we have a 4-people minimum and a 15-people maximum. If the minimum number of guests is not reached, we will contact you to reschedulethe class at another time or day.
- The class and tasting include: at least 4 recipes with preparation and tasting, and one tasting more (artisanal gelato). Water, wine or beer (in limited amounts) are included. Everything else is not included.
- Children under the age of 5 are free of charge. Children 5-12 have 50% discount.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Do Eat Better Experience
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Cooking class in Genoa - Do Eat Better Experience?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Cooking class in Genoa - Do Eat Better Experience?
The policy on sanitization is:
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
What is the social distancing policy during Cooking class in Genoa - Do Eat Better Experience?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Product code: 51159P19
Explore Similar Things to Do
Cooking ClassesClasses & WorkshopsFood, Wine & NightlifeGenoaCooking Classes - Piedmont & LiguriaCooking Classes - Castelletto di BranduzzoCooking Classes - Langhe-Roero and MonferratoCategory
Via San LorenzoLa BiosferaGenoa Cruise PortSpianata CastellettoPiazza CaricamentoDoge's Palace (Palazzo Ducale)Lighthouse of Genoa (La Lanterna)Piazza de FerrariBoccadasseGenoa Cathedral (Cattedrale di San Lorenzo)Palazzi dei RolliDialogue in the Dark Exhibition (Dialogo nel Buio)Monumental Cemetery of StaglienoBasilica della Santissima Annunziata del VastatoPalazzo RossoChiossone Museum of Oriental Art (Museo d'Arte Orientale Edoardo Chiossone)Royal Palace Museum (Museo di Palazzo Reale)Port of SavonaGalata Maritime Museum (Galata Museo del Mare)