- Private 90-minute tour of the Spedale degli Innocenti building in Florence
- Learn about the importance of the building, considered the first of the Renaissance period
- Explore the building with the private guide who shares informative commentary about its architecture and history
- See art by Ghirlandaio and Botticelli
Departure & Return
At the Statue of Ferdinando the First Medici, in the centre of the square
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Designed as an orphanage in the 1400s by Filippo Brunelleschi, the building is home to several children's service organizations to this day. Your guide points out the elements that make the building a fine example of Renaissance architecture, including its columns and proportions, and shares details about its history.
Renovated in 2016, the onsite museum exhibits a gallery of artworks by famous artists such as Ghirlandaio (who employed Michelangelo as an apprentice) and Botticelli, along with displays about the children who came through the orphanage.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Florence Tours by Made of Tuscany
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms