Explore our promoted experiences
- Snowshoe tour at the Chena Lakes Recreation Area
- Discover a winter wonderland of snow- and ice-covered trails
- Keep your eyes out for wildlife such as birds, snowshoe hare, fox, or even a moose
- Learn about the local geology and wildlife from a guide
- Enjoy hot beverages after the tour
- Safety briefing and gear are included
Departure & Return
Please take Nelson Road to get to our location. The GPS will send you over Conifer Drive, which is not a well-maintained road.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
After a safety briefing, embark on a short hike to the Chena Lake Recreation Area. Walk into the forest onto frozen lakes and rivers, and learn from your guide about the local geology. With luck, you’ll even spot wildlife such as hares, foxes, moose, and birds.
Enjoy the quiet beauty of your surroundings, and after the tour, return to the office and warm up with hot beverages and snacks.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please dress in warm layers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Alaska Wildlife Guide LLC
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use