Don’t worry—here are some similar options
Explore our promoted experiences
- Combined Highlands day trip and ticket to the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo
- Enjoy a scenic drive through Trossachs National Park to the Highlands
- Learn all about Scotch whisky on a whisky distillery tour and enjoy a sample, too
- Explore the Hermitage pleasure grounds, and walk through the woodlands to Ossian’s Cave
- Gaze in awe at the tattoo’s performers at the esplanade of Edinburgh Castle
- Book for a Saturday to include entrance to a firework display after the tattoo
Departure & Return
Your guided day tour will end at approximately 5.30pm then you have free time before you make your own way to the evening performance of the Military Tattoo.
What To Expect
As your coach travels through the Highlands, admire unspoiled geological wonders like Loch Earn and Loch Lomond. Your expert guide will narrate the journey through Trossachs National Park and offer tall tales like that of Scottish folk hero Rob Roy. Stop next at The Famous Grouse, Scotland’s oldest working whisky distillery. Enjoy lunch, take an optional distillery tour and sample a dram of whisky straight from the cask (own expense)!
Your trip continues to the Hermitage, a natural wonderland where you’ll stroll through fir-lined paths along the River Braan to Ossian’s Hall and the majestic Black Linn Falls. After your nature walk, head back to Edinburgh, passing the stunning Dunkeld Cathedral and Forth Bridge on the way.
You’ll arrive back to town with several hours to relax before the evening entertainment. Grab some dinner (own expense) and make your way to Edinburgh Castle. As you enter the illuminated esplanade, take your seat amongst the thousands of eager viewers that flock to the capital annually for the 1.5-hour Edinburgh Military Tattoo. With diverse performances ranging from Her Majesty’s Royal Marines to Zulu warriors and steel drummers, the tattoo is a true international celebration. Revel in the sights, sounds – and fireworks on Saturday!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 23 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- The Castlehill location at Edinburgh Castle, where the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo takes place, is reached via a short walk along an old cobbled street of some 262 feet (80 meters) and on a steep incline. Some people may find this difficult. There is another 197-foot (60-meter) walk including several steps before the steeply tiered seating area is reached
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- It is recommended to book transport to the departure point in advance. Please also allow extra time to get to the departure point for check-in. We advise you arrive at least 15 minutes before the tour departure to allow time to check-in for the tour. Unfortunately, we are unable to hold back the tour for late arrivals.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 41 travelers
- OPERATED BY Highland Explorer Tours Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands