- 90-minute walking tour of Royal Edinburgh
- Hear stories of legendary Scottish royals like Mary, Queen of Scots and Bonnie Prince Charlie
- Admire the historic buildings along Canongate in Edinburgh’s Old Town
- Enjoy skip-the-line access to the Palace of Holyrood, The Queen’s official Scottish residence
- Ideal introduction to Edinburgh for first-time visitors or those short on time
Departure & Return
Mercat Cross, High St, Edinburgh EH1 1RF. Look for the 8 sided monument with white Unicorn on top. You will find a member of our visitor services team waiting here to check you in. They will be dressed in black, holding an iPad, wearing an orange lanyard & holding a black & orange umbrella.
Palace of Holyroodhouse, Canongate, Edinburgh EH8 8DX.
What To Expect
Along the way, enjoy the age-old Scottish tradition of storytelling as your guide recounts tales of royal ceremonies, scandals and bloody battles, bringing history to life right before your eyes. Walk the streets where Bonnie Prince Charlie led rebellious Jacobites in revolt and see the local haunts where infamous thief Deacon Brodie led his double life.
Arrive at the magnificent Palace of Holyroodhouse, the official residence of The Queen in Scotland, where you’ll learn the dramatic history of the short reign of Mary, Queen of Scots and hear about the annual visits of Her Majesty The Queen.
Finally, bid your guide farewell and use your skip-the-line tickets to explore the Palace of Holyrood independently. Marvel over the opulent state apartments, admire the exquisite royal furnishings and artworks, and visit the romantic ruins of the 12th century Holyrood Abbey.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children over 5yrs only
- Tours are guaranteed all year round, so please dress for the weather, with comfortable shoes.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- OPERATED BY Mercat Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms