2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Navigate the Animas River in your personal inflatable kayak on a 2-hour tour from Durango. There’s no need to smuggle your personal paddle past TSA, as all gear, including a helmet and life vest, is provided for you. After a safety briefing and rundown of the route, it’s time to hit the water. Follow your experienced guide along class III whitewater rapids as you adventure through world famous Colorado wildlife.
- Kayak solo for more control and excitement
- Relax in transportation to and from the river
- Paddle confidently with a guide nearby
- Purchase professional photos after the tour
Saved to wishlist!
Transportation to and from the river
All kayaking equipment: PFD (life jacket), inflatable kayak, paddle, helmet
Best river guides in the world!
Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
303 W College Dr, Durango, CO 81301, USA
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Inflatable kayak age limit is 12 and up
- Wear quick-drying clothes: shorts, synthetic t-shirt, windbreaker
- Footwear that stays on, no flip-flops
- Bring sunscreen, bottled water, and a hat
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Mountain Waters Rafting & Adventure Company LLC
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Durango Kayaking - Quarter Day Trip?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Durango Kayaking - Quarter Day Trip?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Durango Kayaking - Quarter Day Trip?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Durango Kayaking - Quarter Day Trip?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff