Don’t worry—here are some similar options
3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Take a chance and try your hand at traditional pottery-making at a studio deep in the Kinsale countryside. With the help of experienced local potters, make and paint your own unique pieces of pottery and sculpture. Have your pieces dried, fired and glazed in-house then pick them up a week later – one-of-a-kind gifts and souvenirs to take back home with you. With only one class a week and limited spots in each class, make sure to book well in advance.
- Just bring yourself: all the pottery materials you need are provided
- Enjoy the cozy atmosphere of the pottery school’s centuries-old building
- Drive out to the center and take advantage of the free parking on site
- Pick up some ceramics to take home in the center’s Coach House Gallery
Saved to wishlist!
Aprons - but wear old clothing
Coffee and/or Tea
Shipping of your pottery - this can be booked during the class, but must be paid for at that time, based on weight and destination address. Typically, shipping to the US is approximately €25pp (or less if this includes several people at one address.
Departure & Return
Olcote, Ballinacurra, Kinsale, Co. Cork, Ireland
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough students to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not recommended for participants with serious medical conditions such as dust allergies/asthma
- Plenty of parking available on site (though not for coaches above 30 seater)
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Kinsale Pottery and Arts Centre
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Half-day drop-in pottery classes?
The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Half-day drop-in pottery classes?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Half-day drop-in pottery classes?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Explore Similar Things to Do
Craft Classes Classes & WorkshopsCorkCraft Classes - South West IrelandCraft Classes - CobhCraft Classes - KillarneyCategory