- Go kayaking in the dark on a tour near Cocoa Beach
- Learn about bioluminescence from a guide
- Watch for fish and maybe even dolphins and manatees in the water
- Flotation devices provided for your safety
Departure & Return
Departure PointVarious Location on the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge as well as in Cocoa/Merritt Island area.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- What to bring:
- Clothes you don’t mind getting a little wet. Towel (left in car)
- Water Shoes – sandals or Crocs that can be worn in the water
- Bring an extra change of clothes just in case
- Camera & Dry bag (optional) These are fairly useless to capture bioluminescence, but great for capturing people.
- Bottled water, Snacks
- Any special personal paddling gear if you like
- You may bring a flashlight, though we will provide a safety light.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 42 travelers
- OPERATED BY A Day Away Kayak Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by Dinoflagellate Bioluminescence Kayak Tour.
- "Make sure to download directions on how to get to the launch site BEFORE you get too close to the site - internet access isn’t fantastic at the launch site itself." See review