Explore our promoted experiences
- Get an up-close encounter with the largest most complete T-Rex discovered!
- Journey through 4 billions years of life on earth and into the land of dinosaurs!
- Discover how The Field Museum is leading the way in conservation of our planet and how you can get involved.
- Admire the beauty of exquisite rate jewels and gold from around the world.
- Watch as Field Museum Scientists prepare ancient specimens for study right before your eyes!
What To Expect
Decide where you'd like to start; there are more than 26 million artifacts to explore. Journey through 13,000 years of ancient American history, from the Ice Age mammoth hunters to the temple builders of the Incas and the Aztecs. Head for the Underground Adventure, where you can 'shrink' to 1/100th of your size and explore a subterranean world.
Come face to face with 23 Egyptian mummies or SUE, the world's largest most complete T. Rex. There are also other dinosaurs, woolly mammoths and giant sloths in the Dinosaur Hall. In the Hall of Gems, take a close look at one of the largest collections of Chinese jade in North America.
Take a break at the dining facilities if you get hungry, and be on the lookout for daily lectures and performances. Take advantage of the free, daily docent-led tours.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- The 3D movie is subject to availability. To reserve your time it's recommended to arrive early between 9am - 12pm
- Museum maps and highlights guides available in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Polish, and Portuguese
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- OPERATED BY Field Museum - Chicago
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms