- Small-group walking food tour of the Loop
- Taste classic Chicago dishes
- See public art installations
- Small group of 12 people or fewer
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Gino's East Pizzeria Address: 521 S Dearborn St, Chicago, IL 60605 Directions: Look for the orange umbrella
We end the tour across the street at Millennium Park.
What To Expect
Your first tasting is a classic Chicago deep-dish pizza, the source of many rivalries with New York. Learn what makes a Chicago deep-dish so special before heading over to another historic spot to taste the dipped Italian beef sandwich. Hear about the origins of this classic sandwich and its founding right here in Chicago.
Next up is a classic Chicago hot dog, topped with seven specific items, and never ketchup. Then, stop by a bar founded in 1898, which made it through Prohibition and Al Capone's bootlegging reign. See some examples of Chicago's famous public art, including a Picasso, a Miro, and a Chagall, before stopping for a salty-sweet mystery 'secret food' beloved by Chicagoans.
Stroll through Millennium Park to see the famous Cloud Gate sculpture.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Exciting news. There are drink upgrades available for Chicago tour that can be purchased on your smartphone just prior to taking the tour. Ask your host for assistance and enjoy the drinks of the house.
- Broken English: Locally brewed
- Dortwunder Lager: Brewed first for the Chicago World's Fair, taste history.
- The Capone: A cocktail first made in Brooklyn and named after Al Capone, a famous Chicago crime boss
- A maximum of 12 people per booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Essor Ltd
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience