Don’t worry—here are some similar options
3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Travel ten miles into the protected wilderness of Catalina Island along the scenic Skyline Drive in a classic 1950s Flxible Bus. Enjoy sweeping views of the canyons, coves and ocean, and perhaps spot the island's resident herd of American buffalo. Visit Airport in the Sky, located at 1,600 feet (488 meters) above sea level, and have time to visit the Catalina Island Conservancy's Nature Center before returning to Avalon.
- 2-hour Catalina Island tour by 1950s Flxible Bus, from Avalon
- Get great photo ops of the ocean and island interior
- Hear informative commentary about Catalina Island's wildlife and history
- Stop at Airport in the Sky with time to visit the Nature Center
Saved to wishlist!
Live commentary on board
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Avalon, CA 90704, USA
Look for Buses
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Your tour is not confirmed with the local operator until you call the number located on your voucher to provide your voucher information and schedule your tour time. See voucher for details
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- OPERATED BY Santa Catalina Island Company
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Journey to the Sky: Catalina Bus Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Journey to the Sky: Catalina Bus Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Journey to the Sky: Catalina Bus Tour?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Journey to the Sky: Catalina Bus Tour?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Journey to the Sky: Catalina Bus Tour
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsBus ToursNature and WildlifeExtremeHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingCatalina Island4WD Tours - CaliforniaSporting Events - CaliforniaBus Tours - CaliforniaNature and Wildlife - CaliforniaExtreme - CaliforniaHistorical Tours - CaliforniaHalf-day Tours - CaliforniaCategory