- Hummer tour of Catalina Island's eastern end
- Go off-road in an open-air biofuel Hummer
- Enjoy traversing the rugged island landscape
- Admire views of the coastline, canyons, and the Pacific
- Learn about the island from a driver-guide
Departure & Return
Discovery Tour Plaza: 10 Island Plaza Avalon, CA 90704 It is located in the center of the block bordered by Crescent Avenue, Sumner Avenue, Beacon Street, and Catalina Avenue; and adjacent to the Golf Gardens miniature golf course. Dates: Wednesday thru Sunday
|Monday - Sunday:||09:30 AM - 12:30 PM|
What To Expect
Set off along Pebbly Beach Road, taking in views of the rocky coastline, and start climbing up as you turn onto East End Road. The views continue to get better; if it's a clear day, you might be able to see San Clemente Island in the distance. Next, enjoy a view of Avalon Canyon, and head toward the summit overlook, passing by Wrigley Reservoir.
From the overlook, enjoy a photo op of the leeward side of Catalina Island, the San Pedro Channel, Avalon, and possibly even the mountains of mainland California on a good day. Then head back toward sea level as you drive past the eucalyptus trees of Stagecoach Road to reach Avalon, where your tour ends at the starting point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Children must be at least 5 years old to participate
- Your tour is not confirmed with the local operator until you call the number located on your voucher to provide your voucher information and schedule your tour time. See voucher for details
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Santa Catalina Island Company
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms