2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Experience Catalina Island’s rugged outback on a 2-hour tour in an eco-friendly 4-wheel drive vehicle. Access the remote island interior as your expert driver-guide takes you off-road into Cape Canyon and along Sheep Chute Road. Keep an eye out for the resident herd of American bison, and learn about other local wildlife from your knowledgeable guide.
- 2-hour Catalina Island off-road tour by 4WD vehicle
- See the rugged interior of the island in an eco-friendly Hummer that runs on biofuel
- Learn about Catalina Island's history, plant and animal life from a knowledgeable guide
- Look for the American bison herd and other wildlife
Saved to wishlist!
Live commentary on board
Departure & Return
Departure PointCatalina Island, Catalina Island, California
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods.
1/1/2021 - 12/31/2021
|Monday - Sunday:||09:30 AM - 12:30 PM|
1/1/2022 - 12/31/2022
|Monday - Sunday:||09:30 AM - 12:30 PM|
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Children must be at least 5 years old to participate
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints, back problems, pregnant women, or those with any serious medical condition
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Departures Daily weather permitting
- Please check your email through Viator for your confirmation number and tour information
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Santa Catalina Island Company
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Catalina Island Bison Expedition?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Catalina Island Bison Expedition?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Catalina Island Bison Expedition?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Catalina Island Bison Expedition?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Keep in mind that we were informed by the tour guide that there was a 50/50 chances that we would see bison." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Catalina Island Bison Expedition
1 hour 30 minutes
2 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsNature and WildlifeExtremeSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesCatalina Island4WD Tours - CaliforniaSporting Events - CaliforniaNature and Wildlife - CaliforniaExtreme - CaliforniaCategory