1 to 3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
See the city of Cartagena through the eyes of iconic Nobel Prize-winning Colombian author Gabriel Garcia Marquez with this 3-hour independent audio tour. Learn about the work of “Gabo,” a renowned author whose work seamlessly blended reality and fiction, exploring this colonial city’s many mysteries through his own words and characters. The audio content lasts for approximately 3 hours and includes 35 unique ‘stations’ that match different stories within the city. It's a fun, unique way to explore this charming city through the eyes (and pen) of one of the world's most famous novelists.
- Take an independent audio guide tour of Cartagena through the eyes of Colombian author Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Explore the streets of Cartagena through the words and characters of Marquez's novels
- Enjoy content that was researched and developed in coordination with the Gabriel Garcia Marquez Foundation for a New Iberoamerican Journalism, FNPI
- Audio guide narration allows guests to take the tour at their own pace in whatever order they wish
Saved to wishlist!
Headsets to hear the guide clearly
Food and drinks
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Cra. 2 ##8-142, Cartagena, Provincia de Cartagena, Bolívar, Colombia
Hacemos entrega de la audio guía en el lobby del hotel
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 18 years
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Tierra Magna
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Audio Guide: Gabriel Garcia Marquez's Cartagena
1 to 3 hours
Explore Similar Things to Do
Audio GuidesWalking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingTransfers & Ground TransportCartagenaAudio Guides - Caribbean CoastWalking Tours - Caribbean CoastHistorical Tours - Caribbean CoastAudio Guides - San Blas IslandsWalking Tours - San Blas IslandsHistorical Tours - San Blas IslandsAudio Guides - MedellínWalking Tours - MedellínHistorical Tours - MedellínCategory
Cartagena Cathedral (St. Catherine of Alexandria Cathedral)Teatro Adolfo Mejia (Teatro Heredia)Totumo Mud Volcano (El Totumo)Convento de la Popa de la GaleraIsla del EncantoRosario Islands (Islas del Rosario)Palace of Inquisition (Palacio de la Inquisicion)Rafael Nuñez House MuseumNaval Museum of the CaribbeanLa India Catalina MonumentNational Aviary of Colombia (Aviario Nacional de Colombia)Gold Museum (Museo de Oro Zenu)Plaza de San DiegoOld Shoes Monument (Los Zapatos Viejos)Cartagena Museum of Modern Art (Museo de Arte Moderno de Cartagena)