5 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Discover the cave churches in El Mokattam Mountain on a 3-hour day-trip from Cairo, and discover the remarkable monastery of St. Simon the Tanner. Travel through ‘garbage city,’ home to the mostly-Coptic Zabbaleen trash collectors, learn how the churches were carved into the rock and see the site where the Virgin Mary is believed to have appeared.
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- Step back in time on a history tour
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Qualified Egyptologist guide
Free WiFi in your van
Entrance fees to the Mentioned sites
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Let`s Explore Egypt
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during 5 Hours Trip from Cairo to El Mokkatm Mountain Cave Church?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during 5 Hours Trip from Cairo to El Mokkatm Mountain Cave Church?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during 5 Hours Trip from Cairo to El Mokkatm Mountain Cave Church?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during 5 Hours Trip from Cairo to El Mokkatm Mountain Cave Church?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
5 Hours Trip from Cairo to El Mokkatm Mountain Cave Church
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingCairoBus Tours - GizaHalf-day Tours - GizaBus Tours - SuezHalf-day Tours - SuezBus Tours - Port SaidHalf-day Tours - Port SaidCategory
Al-Fayoum (Faiyum) Tours & TicketsAlabaster Mosque (Mosque of Muhammad Ali) Tours & TicketsSultan Hassan Mosque and Madrassa Tours & TicketsKhan Al-Khalili Tours & TicketsOld Cairo (Misr Al-Qadima) Tours & TicketsMosque of Amr ibn Al-As Tours & TicketsColossus of Ramses II at Memphis Tours & TicketsIbn Tulun Mosque Tours & TicketsMosque of Sultan Al-Mu'ayyad Tours & TicketsPyramid of Djoser (Step Pyramid) Tours & TicketsIslamic Cairo Tours & TicketsAl-Rifai Mosque (Masjid Al-Rifa'i) Tours & TicketsHanging Church (Al-Muallaqa) Tours & TicketsCoptic Museum Tours & TicketsAbu Serga (Church of St. Sergius and Bacchus) Tours & TicketsBen Ezra Synagogue Tours & TicketsCairo Opera House Tours & TicketsCave Church (St. Simon the Tanner Monastery) Tours & TicketsTahrir Square Tours & TicketsBabylon Fortress Tours & Tickets