Explore our promoted experiences
- Comprehensive and detailed walking tour of Buenos Aires
- Visit famous neighborhoods and city landmarks
- Learn about the history, culture, and architecture of Buenos Aires
- Coffee/Lunch break
Departure & Return
Look for our guide standing with a small "BA Walking Tours" handheld sign just outside the corner door of the emblematic Florida Garden cafe at the corner of Florida St. (main pedestrian street downtown) and Paraguay St.
Interesting Plaza Dorrego is the site of the famous San Telmo Antiques Market and a place with many interesting cafes and antique stores.
What To Expect
Visit the historic downtown and Plaza de Mayo, including stops at Casa Rosada, the Cabildo (Town Hall), the Cathedral, and Puerto Madero. Trek on toward San Telmo, the oldest neighborhood in Buenos Aires and home to many colonial-style houses and churches. Follow your guide on foot to San Telmo's famous Dorrego Square and its antiques market to learn about the dark history of the open-air Slave Market.
Cover the area around Plaza San Martin Park, which gave Buenos Aires its 'Paris of the South' reputation. Your guide leads you through Palermo, Buenos Aires' largest and most populous neighborhood, to get a taste of everyday life in this vibrant city. You'll also pass through tiny Recoleta toward its heart, the Recoleta Cemetery, where Eva Peron and many other famous Argentinians are buried.
Along the way, your guide stops for a coffee and lunch break (own expense). Your tour concludes at one of the main restaurant districts so you can continue exploring on your own.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children 8 and under are free of charge when accompanied by a paying adult
- Note: tour operates rain or shine
- Please note: during the tour, it is necessary to take a one taxi ride to get to one attraction to another. Taxi cost is not included and is approximately USD $5-7
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Coverage of full itinerary may depend on weather, city-dynamics (riots, strikes, repairs), timing and other circumstances at time of tour.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Buenos Aires Walking Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.