- Private walking tour of Berlin focusing on its diverse subcultures
- Explore neighborhoods including Prenzlauer Berg, Mitte and Friedrichshain
- Experience the Turkish-influenced Kreuzberg neighborhood and the Caribbean vibe of the Yaam Beach area
- Learn about major countercultural movements in Berlin's history from your knowledgeable guide
- View street art and graffiti and visit Berlin's oldest beer garden, Prater Garten Berlin
- Private tour allows for a more intimate, in-depth experience
Departure & Return
We meet directly underneath the TV tower in front Vapiano restaurant
|Monday - Saturday:||09:00 AM - 05:00 PM|
What To Expect
Check out some of Berlin’s most eclectic and interesting neighborhoods.
There’s the Turkish-influenced Kreuzberg neighborhood, one of the best-known areas of Berlin. Kreuzberg has emerged from its history as one of the poorest places in Berlin to one of its cultural favorites, located in the middle of the city and famous around the world for its alternative and counterculture scene.
The Prenzlauer Berg district is one of Berlin’s most pleasant residential neighborhoods while Yaam (Young and African Arts Market) is the very embodiment of a multicultural Berlin. Then there’s Mitte, the historical heart of the city and in many ways, its true center.
There truly is something for everyone on this adventure.
Along the way through these diverse neighborhoods, see contemporary and underground art galleries, urban farms, guerilla gardens, organic markets and incredible street art, graffiti and murals. Learn how currywurst, a fried pork sausage with curry-seasoned ketchup dish, became a popular local snack. And visit Prater Garten Berlin, the city's oldest beer garden — open from April through September under the shade of chestnut trees since 1837.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- An AB public transport ticket will be needed for certain parts of the tour. Your guide can assist you with purchase if needed
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Alternative Berlin Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 4 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 3 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 3 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas