- See Hitler's bunker and from where the Luftwaffe was coordinated
- Learn about the last days of the Nazi regime and the Battle of Berlin from your expert guide
- See memorials to those who opposed the regime, such as Klaus von Stauffenberg
- Enjoy this unique learning experience, great for history buffs!
Departure & Return
Meeting point: outside FRIEDRICHSTRASSE TRAIN STATION, on the square beside the 'Traenenpalast' (Palace of Tears), Reichstagufer 17, 10117 Berlin.
What To Expect
Meet your guide in the morning near Zoologischer Garten train station, continuing on an exploration of a series of key locations from the years of the Third Reich and the final Battle of Berlin in 1945. Visit the headquarters of the Luftwaffe, Germany’s feared air force, which coordinated the Battle of Britain, and check out the Ministry of Propaganda, where Joseph Goebbels composed many of his most infamous speeches.
Retrace the route of the final Soviet assault on the city, eventually reaching the Reichstag. Then visit the Soviet War Memorial, where many of the army’s soldiers are buried. You’ll also stop at the home of Hitler’s New Reich Chancellery, the headquarters of the Nazi government, and view the location of Hitler’s former bunker, along with his last days and suicide there in April 1945.
As you walk, you’ll also hear about the resistance movement that opposed Nazi rule, including the group’s leaders, Henning von Tresckow, Hans Oster and Clause von Stauffenberg. This will offer a convenient opportunity for your guide to share insights into daily life for citizens under the Nazis, and talk about the group’s dramatic rise to power. This includes details of Hitler’s Lebensraum policy, a doctrine which contributed to the Holocaust, and created the militaristic philosophy that led to the war.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please bring a Berlin Transport AB Zone ticket
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 29 travelers
- OPERATED BY Insider Tour Berlin
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "Highly recommended for history fans or for someone who wants just to improve their knowledge around this period of history." See review
- "Get to see majority of Berlin on the tour so a great way to see the city." See review
- "Quite the best tour we have ever taken, it made our holiday, so if you want to find out more about the last few days of the Third Reich then I cannot recommend this tour highly enough." See review