- Small-group, 3-hour tour of David Bowie’s Berlin
- Discover sites associated with Bowie during the ‘Berlin years’
- Learn about Cold War-era Berlin and its influence on Bowie’s music
- Stop by Hansa Studios where Heroes and some of Low, two of the heralded ‘Berlin Trilogy’ albums, were recorded
- Visit sections of the Berlin Wall and other culturally significant sites in former East and West Berlin
- See the building where Bowie and Iggy Pop once lived
- This tour is limited to 10 participants and led by a historian, professor, doctoral student, journalist or published author
Departure & Return
Please meet your guide in front of Ständige Vertretung, a memorabilia-filled cafe. Schiffbauerdamm 8, 10117 Berlin.
What To Expect
Over the next three hours, you’ll travel around Berlin, visiting sites associated with Bowie and learning about Cold War-era Berlin. Pass by crumbling sections of the Berlin Wall and buildings studded with bullet holes, and gain insight into life in the divided city during the late 1970s.
Hear about Bowie’s attachment to his adopted dystopia of Cold War angst, and discover how it influenced his music. Stroll by the legendary Hansa Studios, where many fans believe Bowie’s music reached its creative peak, and visit Zoo Station, Potsdamer Platz, and other places of cultural significance.
Your final stop of the tour is 155 Hauptstrasse, the apartment building in Schöneberg where Bowie and Iggy Pop once lived. See the plaque dedicated to Bowie, and then perhaps finish with a drink (own expense) at Neues Ufer, a nearby café once frequented by Bowie.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Insight Cities
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by David Bowie in Berlin - Small Group 3-hour tour.