- Personalize your own itinerary to visit particular D-Day sites of interest
- Visit battlefields and landing beaches, including Utah Beach, Omaha Beach and Sword Beach
- Explore the Airborne Museum, the Merville Battery Museum and the Juno Beach Center
- Spend time reflecting at the American, Canadian and Commonwealth cemeteries
- Fabulous tour for history buffs!
- Private tour ensures a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Bayeux train station and city center
What To Expect
Head first to the landing beaches of Omaha Beach and Utah Beach to delve into the turbulent history of the sites; browse the intriguing exhibitions within the Airborne Museum of Saint-Mere Eglise; and take moment of quiet reflection at the American Cemetery, a commemorative area dedicated to the American soldiers who died in the bloody D-Day battles.
Continue to Sword beach to see the site on which the British invaded Normandy and then enrich your historical knowledge further during visits to the Hillman Bunker Complex and the Merville Battery Museum. Read moving messages that pay testament to fallen soldiers in the Commonwealth Military Cemeteries and then feast your eyes on the ancient architecture of Ardenne Abbey, a sacred structure in which 11 Canadian prisoners of war were executed.
After your explorative excursion, return to your Bayeux hotel in your private vehicle and bid your guide farewell.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- NST provides you with masks as well as hydroalcoholic gel. Our vehicles are disinfected after each use and the distance is respected.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Normandy Sightseeing Tour
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
See all safety measures taken by Private Day Tour including Normandy Landing Beaches & Battlefields from Bayeux.
- "Amelia, our guide is highly recommended for her competence and knowledge of the local history of the Normandy invasion." See review