3 to 4 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore the cultural capital of Switzerland with a private tour of the Basel city highlights. Skip the hassle of navigating the city streets on your own and follow your guide as you explore the Kleinbasel district along the Rhine River and the old buildings and narrow alleyways of Grossbasel. You’ll learn about the history and culture of this city from you guide and get ideas where to dine and what to do with your remaining time in Basel.
- See the Basel city highlights with a private sightseeing tour
- Skip the difficulty of navigating Switzerland’s 3rd largest city on your own
- Admire the Tinguely Fountain and the gothic-style Elisabethenkirche church
- Enjoy a ferry crossing of the Rhine and bus transfer between points
Saved to wishlist!
all taxes, fees and handling charges
local guide operated by Swiss Travel Guide for your party only
all transportation fees for tram, bus and ferry (transfer between the points)
food and drinks
personal expenses during the tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- EuroAirport Swiss, Basel Switzerland
- St. Johann cruise pier
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- a minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- children must be accompagnied by an adult
- transfers from point to point by tram/bus and Rhine river crossing by ferry
- for wheelchair assistance - please contact us before booking
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY SwissTravelGuide.ch
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Basel City Center Private Tour?
The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Basel City Center Private Tour?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Basel City Center Private Tour?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Basel City Center Private Tour?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsRail ToursBus ToursCity ToursWalking ToursPorts of Call ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsShore ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingBaselShore Excursions - ZurichRail Tours - ZurichBus Tours - ZurichCity Tours - ZurichWalking Tours - ZurichPorts of Call Tours - ZurichHistorical Tours - ZurichShore Excursions - LucerneRail Tours - LucerneBus Tours - LucerneCity Tours - LucerneWalking Tours - LucernePorts of Call Tours - LucerneHistorical Tours - LucerneShore Excursions - StrasbourgRail Tours - StrasbourgBus Tours - StrasbourgCity Tours - StrasbourgWalking Tours - StrasbourgPorts of Call Tours - StrasbourgHistorical Tours - StrasbourgCategory