- Day trip from Bangkok to Ayutthaya, former capital of Siam
- Riverboat cruise along the Chao Phraya River from Ayutthaya
- See Wat Mahathat and Buddha's head entwined in tree roots
- English-speaking licensed guide
- Pickup and drop-off from central Bangkok hotels
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
The Departure time of the tour is 7:30 am.
The Pickup time from your hotel is between 6:30 am and 7:30 am - various depending on the location of your hotel. The exact Pickup time will be communicated to you with your booking confirmation.
Remarks: Please be aware that the pick-up for this tour is included and covers all the hotel located in the following areas: (Silom Road, Thai Cultural Centre, Phaya Thai, Huai Khang, Bang Rak, Sathorn, Surawong Road, Rajdamri Road, Ram Buttri Chana Songkhram, Luangsuan Road, Khaosan Road)
For hotel pick-ups outside of this area, an additional charge may be applied or a closer meeting point pick-up may be suggested to you by our Team upon reception of your booking.
What To Expect
On arrival, set out on foot with your knowledgeable guide who leads you to notable Ayutthaya temples and the ancient Royal Palace ruins.
Marvel at the Buddha's head resting in the tree roots overtaking Wat Mahathat and visit the well-preserved summer palace of King Rama IV with its mixture of Thai, Chinese, and Gothic architecture. All admission fees are included in the price of the tour.
Complete your full-day excursion with a riverboat lunch cruise on the Chao Phraya River back to Bangkok. Tuck into a delicious buffet lunch and enjoy views of temples lining the riverbank, such as Wat Arun, before your tour ends with drop-off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- When visiting temples visitors should ensure they are suitably dressed. Long pants which go down to the ankle, not tight and not torn - Tops with sleeves and must not be see-through should be worn. If the dress code is not applied then upon the day of the activity it may be possible to rent on spot at your cost. Our guide will help you
- You must provide your hotel details at time of booking, failure to do so may result in cancellation
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- There is no health restrictions for this tour
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 36 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tour East Thailand
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Thailand's Ayutthaya Temples and River Cruise from Bangkok.