9 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Travel back in time on this private Thai Burma Death Railway Bridge on the River Kwai Tour from Bangkok. You’ll gain insight and deeper understanding of some of the nation’s top attractions as you follow your expert local guide on this memorable excursion. Pay a visit to the nation’s most famous bridge that spans the River Kwai and listen to stories about the notorious history of this Thai landmark. Lunch is included on this memorable tour.
- Visit this often-emotional site — the start of the Death Railway — with a private guide
- Learn about the POWs who worked on the construction of the bridge and railway during WWII
- Take a long-tailed boat ride on the River Kwai to the bridge
- Traditional Thai lunch included
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
Private Local English Speaking Guide
Train ride along The Death Railway
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
If your hotel is not identified in the hotel list provided:
Please feel free to provide us your Bangkok city center hotel address. Upon completion of the booking, we shall provide you the firm confirmation with your pick-up time.
Remarks: Please be aware that the pick-up for this tour is included and covers all the hotel located in the following areas: (Silom Road, Thai Cultural Centre, Phaya Thai, Huai Khang, Bang Rak, Sathorn, Surawong Road, Rajdamri Road, Ram Buttri Chana Songkhram, Luangsuan Road, Khaosan Road)
For hotel pick-ups outside of this area, an additional charge may be applied or a closer meeting point pick-up may be suggested to you by our Team upon reception of your booking.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Boat ride is not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Tour East Thailand
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Tour: Thai–Burma Death Railway Bridge on the River Kwai from Bangkok?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Tour: Thai–Burma Death Railway Bridge on the River Kwai from Bangkok?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Tour: Thai–Burma Death Railway Bridge on the River Kwai from Bangkok?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Tour: Thai–Burma Death Railway Bridge on the River Kwai from Bangkok?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Tour: Thai–Burma Death Railway Bridge on the River Kwai from Bangkok
2 hours 50 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Rail ToursBus ToursWater ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingBangkokRail Tours - PattayaBus Tours - PattayaWater Tours - PattayaHistorical Tours - PattayaFull-day Tours - PattayaRail Tours - Hua HinBus Tours - Hua HinWater Tours - Hua HinHistorical Tours - Hua HinFull-day Tours - Hua HinRail Tours - Ko ChangBus Tours - Ko ChangWater Tours - Ko ChangHistorical Tours - Ko ChangFull-day Tours - Ko ChangCategory
Calypso Cabaret Tours & TicketsKoh Kret (Ko Kret) Tours & TicketsDusit Palace Tours & TicketsMaeklong Railway Market Tours & TicketsPak Klong Talad Flower Market (Pak Khlong Talat) Tours & TicketsBaipai Thai Cooking School Tours & TicketsKhao Yai National Park Tours & TicketsKidZania Bangkok Tours & TicketsAmphawa Floating Market Tours & TicketsWat Suthat Thepwararam Tours & TicketsBangkok National Museum Tours & TicketsAsiatique The Riverfront Tours & TicketsAncient City Museum Tours & TicketsSiam Square Tours & TicketsFlow House Bangkok Tours & TicketsLumpini Park (Lumphini Park) Tours & TicketsTemple of the Golden Buddha (Wat Traimit) Tours & TicketsBTS Skytrain (Bangkok Mass Transit System) Tours & TicketsSampeng Market Tours & TicketsWat Ratchanatdaram Woravihara (Loha Prasat) Tours & Tickets