Explore our promoted experiences
- Full-day tour from Banff to the Columbia Icefield
- Enjoy one of the greatest mountain drives in the world, the Icefield Parkway
- Learn about the history behind glaciers and ice fields from an expert guide
- Step onto ice formed from snow that fell as many as 400 years ago
- Take a stroll around Lake Louise
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Start your tour with pickup in Banff, heading out for your first stop at Lake Louise, the superstar alpine lake of Banff National Park. From there, proceed north on the Icefields Parkway, considered by many to be one of the world’s greatest scenic drives, and listen as your guide shares details about the unique ecosystem of the area and about the history of its remarkable glaciers. You’ll also visit two of the parkway’s notable landmarks, Peyto Lake and Crowfoot Glacier, for photo opportunities and to take in the views.
Next, arrive at the Columbia Icefields for your ride on the Ice Explorer, which takes you on a one-of-a-kind journey across the surface of this amazing sheet of ice. After your ride, stop by the Glacier Gallery, gift shop and restaurant at the Icefields Centre before boarding the bus for the drive back to Banff, where your day trip ends.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infants must sit on laps
- Prior to your travel date, your hotel details must be advised to tour operator so they may arrange your pickup. If you do not indicate this at the time of booking, you will be required to call and advise them of this information directly. The contact details will be on your voucher once you have a confirmed booking
- Guests may depart this tour in Lake Louise if accommodation has been arranged
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Banff Jasper Collection By Pursuit
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.