- Full-day tour of Provence’s lavender fields and villages from Avignon
- Drive through the blooming lavender fields of Provence
- Enjoy free time in Sault or Roussillon to browse lavender shops
- Visit the beautiful hilltop village of Gordes
- Explore a traditional open-air market and make a photo stop at Senanque Abbey (June 15 to July 15 only)
- Learn about the wonders of lavender at the Lavender Museum in Coustellet
- Small-group tour limited to eight people ensures a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Meet your driver outside Avignon Tourist Office located 41 cours Jean Jaurès 84000 Avignon.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Depending on the blooms, you’ll disembark in Sault or Roussillon for some free time to explore. Wander narrow cobblestone streets and shop for heavenly lavender soaps, sachets, oils and honey. Visit an open-air market selling a colorful bounty of local produce. Put together a delicious self-catered lunch at the market or pop into a rustic café for a bite (own expense).
After lunch, hop back in the minivan for a scenic westbound drive, passing the sweet Provençal villages of St Jean and Lioux en route to Gordes, one of France’s most gorgeous towns. Witness the simple beauty of the architecture which – under strict regulation – is composed almost exclusively of white stone with terra-cotta roofs. Then head to the medieval Sénanque Abbey – situated in the middle of an sea of lavender – to take some great photos (stop only included from June 15 to July 15).
Your final stop is the Lavender Museum in Coustellet. Here, learn more about lavender cultivation in Provence, see a distillation demonstration and discover the many versatile products created from the iconic Provençal flowers. Purchase some fragrant oils and cosmetics products before you leave.
Your 8.5-hour tour ends with drop-off at your Avignon hotel by evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Provence Reservation
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "These small group tours are the only way to do this tour." See review