4 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Live the story of Van Gogh on a private half-day tour of historic Provençal landmarks from Avignon. Journey to beautiful seaside Arles, where the tortured artist was inspired to create famous works such 'Le Café de Nuit’ and 'La Maison Jaune’. With an expert guide, see where Van Gogh lived — including the Saint-Paul-de-Mausole asylum — and learn about his sometimes tragic life. Conclude with visits to the ancient Roman sites of Saint-Rémy-de-Provence and the UNESCO-listed Arles Amphitheatre.
- 4-hour private Van Gogh tour from Avignon
- View famous locations in Arles and Saint-Rémy-de-Provence that inspired paintings like ‘Le Café de Nuit’
- Visit the Saint-Paul-de-Mausole asylum where the artist was hospitalized
- Soak up expert knowledge from an art historian guide
- Stop at historic and UNESCO-listed Roman ruins like the Arles Amphitheatre
- Round-trip transport by minivan with hotel pickup and drop-off included
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Transport by air-conditioned minivan (8 people max)
Entrance fee to Van Gogh's room at Maison de Santé Saint-Paul
Food and drinks, unless specified
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Confirmation of this product will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Provence Reservation
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Provence Tour: In the Footsteps of Van Gogh?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Provence Tour: In the Footsteps of Van Gogh?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Provence Tour: In the Footsteps of Van Gogh?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Provence Tour: In the Footsteps of Van Gogh?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Provence Tour: In the Footsteps of Van Gogh
5 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingAvignonBus Tours - ProvenceHistorical Tours - ProvenceHalf-day Tours - ProvenceBus Tours - ArlesHistorical Tours - ArlesHalf-day Tours - ArlesBus Tours - NîmesHistorical Tours - NîmesHalf-day Tours - NîmesCategory
Châteauneuf-du-PapeRoussillonMontmajour Abbey (Abbaye de Montmajour)Lavender Museum (Musee de la Lavande)Senanque Abbey (Abbaye Notre-Dame de Sénanque)Avignon Cathedral (Cathedrale Notre-Dame des Doms)Little Palace Museum (Musée du Petit Palais)Rhône RiverLes Saintes Maries de la MerChurch of St. Trophime (Eglise St-Trophime)Aigues-MortesTavel GordesLes Baux-de-ProvenceLes Halles MarketNimesEglise Notre-Dame des SablonsUzes