- Food walking tour of Athens
- Taste savory Greek delicacies including the ever-popular sesame koulouri
- Learn the heritage of Greek cuisine
- Experience the vibrant Varvakeios food market
- Visit various specialty food shops in Athens offering an array of fruit, spices and meats
- Small group limited to 14 people for a more personalized experience
- Fully guided tour with local English-speaking guide
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
MEETING TIME: 9:15 am START TIME: 9:30 am DURATION: 3 hours & 30 minutes MEETING POINT: The meeting point is Outside Panepistimio metro station at Korai pedestrian walkway in front of the Starbucks cafe. If you use the metro to come follow the “Korai” exit signs. Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start of your tour. Your Athens Walking Tours guide, holding the orange colored Athens Walking Tours sign will be waiting for you.
What To Expect
Learn about Greece's unique culinary heritage while you explore, and hear why the Mediterranean diet has become today's model of healthy living. Follow your guide inside small, hidden specialty shops and meet the locals behind them.
Afterward, make a stop at the bustling Varvakeios food market. Browse the colorful stalls filled with fruit, seafood, meat and local spices.
After all the sampling and sightseeing, your tour will conclude in the neighborhood of Plaka.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Dress according to weather
- Comfortable walking shoes, sun-screen and a hat are recommended
- Inform us of any food allergies
- Please note that this is Athens off-season period and our tours operate with a minimum capacity. If the tour has not reached the minimum number of participants, we will inform you and offer you the following possibilities: a) move the reservation to another tour or another day b) run the tour as private with an agreed new fee c) cancel tour and refund booking fee
- Most travelers can participate
- The Covid19 Measures set by the Greek Government frequently change. Thus, it is advisable to check local restrictions applicable to indoor and outdoor activities.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Athens Walking Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms