1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Discover the architectural marvel of Ancient Greece with a visit to Athens’ star attraction – the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Acropolis of Athens. Follow your guide on a walking tour around the hilltop archaeological wonder, stopping to admire the Propylaea gateway, the Temple of Athena Nike and the Dionysus Sanctuary as you climb to the summit. Learn more about the fascinating ruins and imagine their former glory as you roam the sprawling citadel, stand in awe before the Theatre of Dionysus, and look out over the city from the Parthenon.
- Walking tour of the Acropolis of Athens, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Explore one of the most famous archaeological sites in the world (entrance at your expense) with an expert guide
- Visit the Theatre of Dionysus and Dionysus Sanctuary
- Stop at other incredible monuments including the Parthenon, Propylaea gateway and the Temple of Athena Nike
- Soak up sweeping city views from the acropolis' summit and hear fascinating facts about the citadel’s ruins
- Learn about surrounding sights such as Mars Hill, the Odeon of Herodes Atticus and the ancient agora
Saved to wishlist!
English speaking professional guide
Athens guide magazine
Guaranteed to skip the long lines
Small Group tour
Entrance fee to Acropolis (20 euros/adult) are not included; payed in cash on the spot.
Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Food and drinks, unless specified
If you are entitled to reduced entrance fees, a valid ID or Passport is required for verification.
Departure & Return
Dionysiou Areopagitou 3, Athina 117 42, Greece
Athens 117 42, Greece
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes
- BABY STROLLERS are not allowed on the Acropolis archaeological site and there is no cloakroom at the side entrance we use to enter. For your own convenience, it is recommended to use a baby pouch instead of a baby stroller.
- ENTRANCE FEES (not included):from April 1st to October 31st: Adults 25+: 20 euros . Reduced prices apply for youth 6 - 24 years old, senior EU citizens (65+) and infants are entitled to a free entrance
- ENTRANCE FEES (not included): from November 1st to March 31st: Adults 25+: 10 euros, youth 6 - 24 years old, senior European citizens (65+) and infants & youth (Eu citizens) are entitled to a free entrance
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- If you are entitled to a reduced entrance at the site, then a valid ID or Passport is required for verification of age and nationality at the sites.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Comfortable walking shoes, sun-screen and a hat are recommended
- Bring a bottle of water
- Dress according to weather
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- OPERATED BY Athens Walking Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Skip the Line Acropolis of Athens Tour?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Skip the Line Acropolis of Athens Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
What is the social distancing policy during Skip the Line Acropolis of Athens Tour?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Skip the Line Acropolis of Athens Tour?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "The Acropolis has a very rough terrain and some of the stone has been worn slick and can be very treacherous especially for those with knee or ankle problems." See review
- "If you arrive early you can do some shopping on the street or sit down and have something to eat." See review
- "A note of caution should be made that the tour is rigorous and lengthy, requiring a long climb over slabs of stone and marble on narrow paths." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Skip the Line Acropolis of Athens Tour
1 hour 30 minutes
3 hours 30 minutes
3 hours 10 minutes
1 hour 15 minutes
5 hours 30 minutes
1 hour 15 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Archaeology ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursTours & SightseeingAthensArchaeology Tours - OlympiaWalking Tours - OlympiaHistorical Tours - OlympiaArchaeology Tours - SantoriniWalking Tours - SantoriniHistorical Tours - SantoriniArchaeology Tours - IzmirWalking Tours - IzmirHistorical Tours - IzmirCategory
National History Museum (Ethnikó Istorikó Mouseío)Mt. Parnassus (Parnassos)Adrianou StreetUniversity of AthensSyntagma Square (Plateia Syntagmatos)Metropolitan Cathedral of Athens (Mitropoli)Odeon of Herodes Atticus (Odeio Irodou Attikou)Numismatic Museum of AthensKotzia Square (Plateia Kotzia)Vouliagmeni Lake (Limni Vouliagmenis)PropylaeaTemple of HephaestusMonastiraki Parliament Building (Vouli)Panathenaic Stadium (Panathinaiko Stadio) National Library of Greece (Ethnikí Vivliothíki tis Elládos)Frissiras MuseumSyntagma StationPiraeus Cruise PortErechtheion