6 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Take a break from modern civilization on a private day trip to Giethoorn, nicknamed the ‘Dutch Venice’ for its intricate network of canals. Depart Amsterdam in a luxury Mercedes just for your group, and then explore Giethoorn the old-fashioned way on a canal cruise through the largely car-free town. Venture into the nearby marshes of Weerribben-Wieden National Park for a peaceful dose of nature, or get cultured at local art museums and galleries.
- Visit one of Holland's most peaceful and picturesque villages
- Cruise past thatched-roof houses on Giethoorn's romantic canals
- Get help arranging canoe trips, museum tickets, or lunch
- Private driver and transport from Amsterdam means a flexible itinerary
Saved to wishlist!
Canal Cruise ticket
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Transport by air-conditioned Mercedes sedan/minivan
Transport by private vehicle
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Provide us your pick up address or location and the pick up time you prefer to start the tour.
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, Evert van de Beekstraat 202, 1118 CP Schiphol The Netherlands
- Amsterdam port
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Customer can choose the time of start of the tour
- Please provide us your departure up time and pick up address
- This is a private tour so no other people will join in the car. Our vehicles will be cleaned after every tour, have plastic safety glass and our drivers wear gloves and masks
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY VIP Travel Services
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Sightseeing Tour to Giethoorn from Amsterdam?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Sightseeing Tour to Giethoorn from Amsterdam?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Sightseeing Tour to Giethoorn from Amsterdam?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Sightseeing Tour to Giethoorn from Amsterdam?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Sightseeing Tour to Giethoorn from Amsterdam
5 hours 45 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursPorts of Call ToursHalf-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsShore ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingAmsterdamShore Excursions - RotterdamBus Tours - RotterdamPorts of Call Tours - RotterdamHalf-day Tours - RotterdamShore Excursions - DordrechtBus Tours - DordrechtPorts of Call Tours - DordrechtHalf-day Tours - DordrechtShore Excursions - LeeuwardenBus Tours - LeeuwardenPorts of Call Tours - LeeuwardenHalf-day Tours - LeeuwardenCategory
EYE Film Institute (EYE Filmmuseum)Bridge of 15 BridgesRembrandt Square (Rembrandtplein)Old Church (Oude Kerk)Artis Amsterdam Royal Zoo (Natura Artis Magistra)Theater AmsterdamTorture MuseumHouse of Bols A’dam LookoutThe Nine Streets (De Negen Straatjes)EdamRipley's Believe It or Not! AmsterdamPathé Tuschinski TheaterAmsterdam Cruise PortNational Monument (Nationaal Monument op de Dam)Portuguese SynagogueMicropia MadurodamSkinny Bridge (Magere Brug)Museum of the Canals (Het Grachtenhuis)