2 to 3 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Go in search of the Northern Lights on a nighttime tour from Akureyri. Travel by 4x4 Jeep outside of town to escape any light pollution, and watch the dark sky for one of Mother Nature’s most spectacular shows. This area of northern Iceland is one of the best places to see the lights, also known as Aurora Borealis, so don’t miss the chance while you’re here. Hot chocolate and an Icelandic doughnut will keep you warm and awake while you wait for the lights to appear.
- Northern Lights tour from Akureyri
- Take a 4x4 Jeep ride outside the city to wait for the lights to appear
- Hot cocoa and a twisted doughnut included
- Small-group tour limited to eight people provides a more personalized experience
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Hot cocoa drink
twisted doughnut (Icelandic "Kleina"
Food and drinks, unless specified
Departure & Return
Hafnarstræti 89, Akureyri, Iceland
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- The Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon. Sightings cannot be guaranteed even if the tour is operated
- The Northern Lights 4×4 JEEP tour is dependent on the weather and sky conditions and we reserve the right to cancel at any time. If the evening tour goes ahead and the Northern Lights are not seen, we will offer the trip again for free next time we have a booking.
- If you book a northern lights bus tour but conditions do not allow us to run the tour during your stay. You will receive a full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Star Travel Iceland
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Northern Lights 4x4 Jeep Tour from Akureyri
2 to 3 hours
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursNight ToursSporting EventsNature and WildlifeExtremeDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingAkureyri4WD Tours - North IcelandNight Tours - North IcelandSporting Events - North IcelandNature and Wildlife - North IcelandExtreme - North IcelandCategory
Dalvik Tours & TicketsLake Mývatn Tours & TicketsTjörnes Peninsula Tours & TicketsDettifoss Tours & TicketsGodafoss Tours & TicketsIcelandic Aviation Museum Tours & TicketsAkureyri Botanical Garden (Lystigardur Akureyrar) Tours & TicketsLofthellir Tours & TicketsGjastykki Tours & TicketsAkureyri Church (Akureyrarkirkja) Tours & Tickets