Fisherman’s Wharf is an eclectic combination of tourist shops and residential float homes. Although the fishing heyday has passed, at which time when a fishing vessel was tied to every slip at the Fisherman’s Wharf except the two “live aboard” docks, the atmosphere hasn’t changed much. Colorful characters still roam the docks, but now often rub shoulders with passing tourists rather than sea-hardened fishermen.
The live aboard homes have been transformed into beautiful float houses, each as eclectic as the last and proudly carrying its own décor and charm.
Seals are a near constant at the dock and they receive more than their share of bait from the local fish stores that aim to keep tourists happy and registers ringing. The small collection of shops includes an ice cream shop, BBQ grill, fish and chips stand, and a coffee house, alongside an excellent Fish Market and Crab Sales. There’s also some outgoing tourism, as whale watching and sea kayaking tours kick off from Fisherman’s Wharf and head out to sea through the harbor.
Browse. Filter. Book
What's the best way to experience Fisherman's Wharf?
- 4-Hour Grand City and Butchart Gardens Tour
- Victoria City and Butchart Gardens Private Half-Day Tour
- The Ultimate Group Package Tour of Victoria
- Grand City With High Tea At Butchart Gardens Tour
Things to do near Victoria
- Things to do in British Columbia
- Things to do in Vancouver
- Things to do in Seattle
- Things to do in Sunshine Coast
- Things to do in Whistler
- Things to do in Vancouver Island
- Things to do in Portland
- Things to do in Banff
- Things to do in Calgary
- Things to do in Edmonton
- Things to do in Washington
- Things to do in Oregon
- Things to do in Alberta
- Things to do in Wyoming