Top Activities on the Ground in Venice
488 results | All Venice Tours
* A traveler said: "The tour guide was great. There isn’t much else to say but there is a 100 character minimum. So there you go."
* A traveler said: "The guide was very knowledgeable and professional. We enjoyed the places she took us. The gondola ride was just the right length."
* A traveler said: "Great translation and timing at each island! Would highly recommend. I was traveling there with my other half for the weekend!"
* A traveler said: "Fun shared gondola ride. Had the full 30 minutes along beautiful side canals and a few dramatic pop outs onto the grand canal. Good value only if there are only one or two of you."
* A traveler said: "Francesca was amazing!!!! Phenomenal tour and overall lovely day visiting murano, Burano and Mazzorbo. Best tour in Venice!"
* A traveler said: "Our tour guides had wonderful Knowledge about the city; they were personable, humorous and had excellent English! We booked the tour on our first day and it really provided us with a secure grasp of the culture, heritage and layout of the city. The canal boat tour was glorious!"
* A traveler said: "Awesome tour of St Marks. We were able to take pictures as if we were the only one’s in the basilica. Avoids all the ridiculous lines and the tour guide was super informative! Best tour and way to see St. Mark’s. Thanks!"
* A traveler said: "Nice spots in Venice, shown by a local. Very entertaining to get the first bearings of the city. Denise, the guide was super helpful!"
* A traveler said: "Very informative tours of the city, basilica and palace, everything was well paced and nicely explained! I liked that we were given the essential information (personally I don’t like to be bombarded with a ton of dates and names) and things were well organized."
* A traveler said: "Anna spoke perfect English and was warm and engaging. The pace of the tour was also outstanding and we never would have known about the places we went and the description of the cicchetto."
* A traveler said: "The tour Guide was fun and with a lot of knowledge. You can skip the line and enjoy scenery. Both the San mark church and dodge palace are worth visiting"
* A traveler said: "I loved her knowledge of everything. Also she remembered everyone in the groups name. Any question we asked she answered and if she did not know she found out"
* A traveler said: "Friendly, knowledgeable guide who tailored the tour to our needs and amended the route when our daughter started feeling unwell. Arranged for a rooftop viewing of Venice when a visit to St. Mark's turned out to be impractical due to COVID"
* A traveler said: "Easy directions, efficient service, enjoyable ride. We were dropped off very close to our hotel. Recommend."
* A traveler said: "This tour was amazing! We were in Italy for our honeymoon and we have always dreamed of taking a gondola ride in Venice. The musicians were great and we could not have asked for anything more romantic."
* A traveler said: "Fantastic experience! We were fortunate to have Iole as our guide. She was very knowledgeable and made all the history come alive - my kids who are not history buffs were enthralled (that says a lot) and she always made it a point to include them! Totally recommend! Best guide we encountered and the most interesting tour of our stay in Venice."
* A traveler said: "Great way to learn about the city with a stroll through the streets filled with hidden facts and stories supplied by the tour guide. We highly recommend."
* A traveler said: "Ask for Giulia, a great Venetian Women really passionate about her city and the history. We really enjoy this 3 hours tour."
* A traveler said: "This was a very good tour. We arrived about 10 minutes late so we missed the guided tour of Doge's Palace and met up with the group for the 2nd part of tour - St. Mark's Basilica. Our guide was very nice and super informative. We really learned a lot from her tour. The third leg was a short Gondola ride which was good enough to check it off my bucket list without breaking the bank. The tour company gave us the tickets for the tour we missed and we were able to go in ourselves and explore at our leisure. I would definitely recommend!"
* A traveler said: "The food was awesome and plenty of it. The wine was also very good and the guide was great! She was full of knowing about the history of Venice."
* A traveler said: "We enjoy the morning and afternoon tours very much. Our tour guides are brother & sister (Marco & Marina), they were very knowledgeable and full of history. The boat ride at the end was very relaxing. A good way to end the tour.🤗"
* A traveler said: "The guide was very good, she had a lot of knowledge and nice stories to share and her English was very good! The tour was excellent. Just one remark: I had been waiting underneath the bell tower instead of the clock tower, in Dutch the words clock and bell are the same, so I almost missed the tour. Maybe you can be more specific in the instructions where to wait? For future Dutch tourists…😉"
* A traveler said: "Our guide was incredibly knowledgeable and friendly. We learned so much about the beautiful Basilica and Doge Palace. Such an enjoyable tour. Thank you."
* A traveler said: "Cristina was a wonderful guide full of local history and the macabre. The adults and children in our group both enjoyed this tour. The back alleys and courtyards of Venice are off the beaten path and a delight to see outside the normal tourist experience."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Best of Venice Tour with St Mark’s Basilica and Grand Canal Boat tour
- Eat Like a Local: 3-hour Venice Small-Group Food Tasting Walking Tour
- Group or Private Venice In a Day: Basilica San Marco, Doges Palace & Gondola
- Small-Group Tour with Evening Access to Saint Mark's Basilica
- Private Tour: Venice Half-Day Walking Tour
- Art & Culture
- Classes & Workshops
- Food & Drink
- Outdoor Activities
- Fun & Games
- Nature and Wildlife
- On the Ground
- Bike Rentals
- Mountain Bike Rentals
- Mountain Bike Tours
- On the Water
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tickets & Passes
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Unique Experiences
- Venice Islands
- Church of Santa Maria del Giglio (Santa Maria Zobenigo)
- Correr Museum (Museo Correr)
- Madonna dell’Orto Church (Chiesa della Madonna dell'Orto)
- Mocenigo Palace (Palazzo Mocenigo)
- Museo del Vetro
- Scuola Grande di San Giovanni Evangelista
- Ca' d'Oro (Palazzo Santa Sofia)
- Ca' Rezzonico
- Venice Santa Lucia Station (Stazione di Venezia Santa Lucia)
- Campo Santa Maria Formosa
- Basilica di Santa Maria della Salute
- Church of Santa Maria Assunta (I Gesuiti)
- San Gallo Theater (Teatro San Gallo)
- Bovolo Staircase (Scala Contarini del Bovolo)
- Lake Misurina (Lago di Misurina)
- Rialto Fish Market (Mercato di Rialto)
- Things to do in Veneto
- Things to do in Treviso
- Things to do in Padua
- Things to do in Vicenza
- Things to do in Ferrara
- Things to do in Piran
- Things to do in Porec
- Things to do in Bologna
- Things to do in Ljubljana
- Things to do in Florence
- Things to do in Innsbruck
- Things to do in Milan
- Things to do in Pisa
- Things to do in Istria
- Things to do in Friuli-Venezia Giulia