Church of San Vidal (Chiesa di San Vidal)
The Church of San Vidal provides an intimate and historic setting for a concert—and pitch-perfect acoustics. Enjoy concertos and sinfonias by European masters such as Mozart, Bach, Vivaldi and Handel performed by the members of the acclaimed Interpreti Veneziani ensemble. Whether stopping by to see the church during the day or at night for a concert, take in the site’s impressive artworks by Piazzetta, Carpaccio, and Pellegrini.
Things to Know Before You Go
Church of San Vidal is suitable for classical music lovers of all ages.
There is no admission fee to enter and tour the church.
Purchase tickets to an evening concert by the Interpreti Veneziani ensemble in advance.
Children must be accompanied by an adult.
The church is wheelchair accessible.
How to Get There
The Church of San Vidal is located near the banks of the Grand Canal in the San Marco district of Venice, accessible by foot or water taxi. If traveling by water taxi, get off at the Accademia stop, and then walk over the Ponte di Accademia. The church is a few steps away.
When to Get There
The venue is open Monday through Saturday. Late spring and early summer are the best times to visit Venice in terms of weather, but crowds may be intense, and the prices are high. Avoid throngs of tourists while still enjoying lovely temperatures by visiting the city early spring or early to mid autumn.
Not Just About the Music
The Church of San Vitale holds some of Italy's important early Christian paintings, such as Vittore Carpaccio’sSan Vidal on Horseback with Eight Saints; Sebastiano Ricci’sImmaculate Conception; Giovanni Antonio Pellegrini’sThe Holy Trinity with Saints Joseph and Francesco di Paola; andGuardian Angel with St. Anthony of Padua andSt. Cajetan of Thiene by Giovanni Battista Piazzetta.
- Things to do in Veneto
- Things to do in Treviso
- Things to do in Padua
- Things to do in Vicenza
- Things to do in Ferrara
- Things to do in Piran
- Things to do in Porec
- Things to do in Bologna
- Things to do in Ljubljana
- Things to do in Florence
- Things to do in Innsbruck
- Things to do in Milan
- Things to do in Pisa
- Things to do in Istria
- Things to do in Friuli-Venezia Giulia
- Accademia Bridge (Ponte dell'Accademia)
- Venice Music Museum (Museo della Musica)
- Venice Santa Lucia Station (Stazione di Venezia Santa Lucia)
- Peggy Guggenheim Collection (Collezione Peggy Guggenheim)
- Ca' Rezzonico
- Church of Santa Maria del Giglio (Santa Maria Zobenigo)
- Venice Accademia Gallery (Gallerie dell'Accademia)
- La Fenice Opera House (Teatro La Fenice)
- Bovolo Staircase (Scala Contarini del Bovolo)
- Basilica di Santa Maria della Salute
- Campo Santa Margherita
- Campo San Luca
- Scuola Grande di San Rocco
- Frari Church (Basilica dei Frari)