Things to Do in Vancouver This Winter
Winters in Canada’s west coast city of Vancouver are a treat, with mild temperatures and crowd-free attractions in town, and a blanket of snow in the nearby mountains. From snowshoeing to light festivals, sightseeing to skiing, here are our top picks for winter fun in Vancouver.
- SeeCapilano Bridge Suspension Parkdecked out with thousands of twinkling lights as part of the Canyon Lights winter festival.
- Enjoy the serenity of the snow-smothered alpine landscapes of Vancouver’s North Shore with asnowshoeing tour.
- Gonight skiing at Grouse Mountain, where the downhill ski trails are floodlit on winter nights.
- Gaze out across the city, harbor, and snow-covered mountain peaks from the 553-foot (169-meter) tallVancouver Lookout, located at the downtown waterfront.
- View the frozenShannon Fallson aday trip to Squamish, about an hour’s drive north of the city.
- Take aday trip to Whistlerand ride the Peak 2 Peak Gondola for bird’s-eye views of mountains, valleys, and glaciers.
- Zip down the slopes ofCypress Mountainon a snowboard.
- Take acraft beer tourto learn about the local brewing scene and sip flights of microbrews.
- Ride the ferry to Victoria to seeThe Butchart Gardensilluminated with holiday light displays.
- Listen to carol singers and tuck into turkey and ham with all the traditional trimmings during afestive dinner cruise.